Issue 211, our outdoor special, is on sale now
From Cardigan Bay to the Isle of Harris, we explore British landscapes that also have fascinating stories to tell.
In the latest issue of Discover Britain, get your insider’s guide to London’s best-kept secrets, including hidden gardens and the most spectacular viewpoints in the capital, which you may have quite literally walked by in the past. Zara Gaspar also peels away the glitzy, glamorous veneer of The Savoy to tell the tories about the people behind London’s first purpose-built luxury hotel. Elsewhere in the issue, editor Steve Pill takes on the Wales Coastal Way, which incorporates much of the best that the country has to offer, and Mark Rowe shares his wealth of knowledge on a bracing tour of the Isle of Harris in Scotland’s Outer Hebrides.
Also inside the issue:
- Discover the sleepy Oxfordshire village that doubles as the setting for Downton Abbey.
- Stumble upon vintage bargains galore among the honey-coloured cottages in the Cotswolds.
- Delve into the madness of King George III.
- Take a tour of Leeds, the largest city in England’s largest county.
- Read – if you dare – spooky stories about Chillingham Castle (it’s in the name!)
- Explore Cranborne Chase, a former royal hunting ground.
Pick up the latest issue from our online store today to read all these stories and more.