Set in peaceful parkland, the brightly decorated interiors of this tower come as a surprise after viewing its gothic façade.
The property was built in 1746 by John Yorke, MP for Richmond, and named to mark the final establishment of Hanoverian rule after the defeat of the Jacobites in the same year. It stands in the park of his long-demolished house, at the edge of a steep slope above the River Swale on the site of an old pele tower. To get the full impact of the tower’s surroundings, why not enjoy a glass of wine on the rooftop.
Richmond, North Yorkshire
From £623 for 4 nights
Tel: 01628 825 925