From Edwardian London in Mary Poppins Returns to the Scottish Highlands in Mary Queen of Scots, discover the real locations from your favourite films in issue 208 – on sale now
In the new issue of Discover Britain, we’re taking you on a cinematic journey around the British Isles. Our ‘Britain on screen’ special focuses on the historical and heritage sites that feature in new and favourite TV shows and films. Discover the real Edwardian London with the long-awaited sequel Mary Poppins Returns, go behind the scenes of three royal-themed productions, including a new series of The Crown and explore our favourite movie hotels.
ALSO INSIDE THE ISSUE…
- Uncover the story of the infamous Manchester protest, the Peterloo Massacre
- Journey to the Norfolk Coast to discover picture-perfect villages, windswept beaches and grand stately homes
- Plan a trip to see Britain’s smallest city, St Davids, and its patron saint
- Step inside the birthplace of television as Alexandra Palace’s theatre re-opens after 80 unlucky years
- Explore the Lake District locations that inspired the Victorian visionary, John Ruskin
- Celebrate the work of William Morris in stylish houses across the capital
Pick up the latest issue from our online store today to read all these stories and more.