Architect and designer Charles Rennie Mackintosh created many elegant buildings across Glasgow. And there has never been a better time to explore his elegant legacy in his home city as 2018 marks the 150th anniversary of Parkhead’s favourite son, who was born on 7 June 1868.
Celebrations during this landmark year will include Charles Rennie Mackintosh: Making the Glasgow Style, a major exhibition at the Kelvingrove Museum and Art Gallery, and the re-opening of the Willow Tea Rooms on Sauchiehall Street following a £3.5 million restoration.
To coincide with this anniversary year, we have teamed up with Glasgow Life to offer one reader the chance to enjoy a stylish city break for two people.
One lucky winner drawn at random from all entries received will enjoy the following:
- A two-night stay for two adults in a deluxe double room at the Double Tree by Hilton Central Glasgow, including full Scottish breakfast
- A guided tour for two of House for an Art Lover, followed by tea or coffee and scones in the Art Lover’s Café
- Dinner for two at Two Fat Ladies restaurant at The Buttery
- A copy of Roger Billcliffe’s new book Charles Rennie Mackintosh and the Art of the Four, published by Frances Lincoln (RRP £40)
To be in with a chance of winning just answer the following question:
The closing date for all entries is 18 January 2018. The prize is subject to terms and conditions.
Terms and conditions
Your hotel stay
- Availability for prize is subject to availability
- Must be used prior to 31 March 2018
- Stay will not qualify for any Hilton Honors benefits or awards, and will not count toward membership
- Prize is for a maximum of 2 adults sharing one room
Dinner at Two Fat Ladies
You can take your prize any day, except Saturdays. Your dinner voucher will be up to the value of £100
House for an Art Lover tour
Your tour must be booked at least a week in advance and should be redeemed by quoting “Discover Britain” FAO Lynn at email@example.com